Oboe instruments including Oboe Standard, Oboe Royal, English Horn, Oboe d’Amore, Bass Oboe and Piccolo Oboe, need special care to remain in good working order, but even the most diligent and meticulous Oboist may need Oboe repair services at some point. Oboe repair master technician, Carlos Coelho, has been mending and restoring professional and student Oboe instruments and English Horns for decades. Trained at the prestigious F. Lorée Oboe factory in France, Mr. Coelho has elevated Oboe repair to a true art form.
All precision Oboe instrument and English Horn repairs and restorations are done personally by the master’s hand and nothing is left to chance. If your Oboe instrument or English Horn needs some special care, treat it and yourself to the Oboe repair expertise and English Horn restoration mastery used by some of the world’s foremost Oboists, Carlos Coelho Woodwinds.
- Adjusting and refitting mechanisms
- Crack pinning
- Installing inserts
- Tune-ups and adjustments
- Tuning (including tone-hole and bore adjustments)
- Rebuilding of Oboes and English Horns
Carlos personally does all of the work himself in his workshop in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- Ship your instrument in its case. Ensure that individual parts are securely seated in their pockets.
- Oboes: Use box size 16″ x 10″ x 8″. English Horn Double Case: Use box size 24″ x 14″ x 8.
- Surround the case completely on all sides with styrofoam packing peanuts, filling the box.
- Seal securely with packing tape. (Do not substitute other tape like masking or duct.)
- Pack any instrument to be shipped very carefully
- Make certain to purchase insurance prior to shipping
- To ensure the safety of your instrument during shipping, we request that you use UPS or Fedex, and follow our packing instructions above
Carlos E. Coelho Woodwinds
3854 N. Washington Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46205